I recently found the membership card for Miss M.L.McClary No. 38292 in a secondhand book I purchased. It would be good to reunite it with her [outside chance I admit] or her family. It was signed by Lady Denman and Cecily Cornwallis, dated 24.5.41.
Please contact me at one of the below…Vicar of Foremark, Repton and Newton Solney, 01283 619686, Repton Church Website: www.reptonchurch.org.uk
Update 10th May 2015:
Information from WLA card:
- Miss Maud Lilian McClary lived at 244, Rangefield Road, Bromley, Kent
- Worked in West Kent
- Occupation before joining WLA: shop assistant
- Joined the WLA when she was 21 in 19 Feb 1941
- Resigned 30 Nov 1942 (presumably to become Mrs Baker)
- Re-instated (perhaps husband was serving abroad and she missed the camaraderie of the land girls?) 27 January 1945.
- Left WLA for ‘health Reasons’ 4 March 1943.
Update 24th April 2015: Cecily Cornwallis was the County Chairmen for Kent, therefore Miss M.L.McClary would have worked in Kent during her time as a Land Girl.