To find out information on individual Land Girls, I would recommend the following:
- View the National Archives website which gives you information on tracking down individual Land Girl record cards.
- Read the following article by Stuart Antrobus on where to start when researching the WLA.
- Post a message to the Facebook page, which can be circulated to other Women’s Land Army networks.
If you need any other information, please get in touch, I would be more than happy to help: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that I run the website in my free time, so there may be a delay in getting back to you.
Many thanks go to:
- Stuart Antrobus and Dr David Wilson, who have given me a huge amount of support and encouragement in the development of my ideas and thinking around the WLA.
- Catherine Procter, who has shared a significant amount of WLA material to the site.
- Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse for the use of photographs on this site. The Friends of Gressenhall added nearly £10,000 in funds towards the new gallery ‘Norfolk’s Forgotten Army’ at Gressenhall.