From left to right, top to bottom:
- A team of mobile Land Girls threshing in Toddington. Courtesy of Stuart Antrobus.
- Land Girls stacking straw at Sharpenhoe. Courtesy of Stuart Antrobus.
- and Girl Dorothy Sills (aged 19) from Middlesborough helps with the harvest on a farm in Yorkshire. She was a shop assistant before joining the Women’s Land Army. She is shown helping with the threshing, by carrying a large sack of wheat on her shoulders. Source: IWM D 10778
Other activities included:
- Silage making
- Lambs weaned and turned onto the grass left after the hay and silage crops have been taken (known as aftermath grazing)
- Combine harvest cereals, bale and cart straw
- Begin ploughing and cultivations for next years cereals
Source: Farm Direct.co.uk